Rock solid 4-channel audio over IP codec
Professional multi-format four-channel audio over IP encoder / decoder
The IP-4c is a point to point or point to multipoint audio codec using IP-based audio network technologies for real-time streaming. Based on the know-how of MM01 and MM08E and customer requirements the IP-4c offers you a variety of features and opportunities to ease your daily work.
Flexible in application: The codec is designed for studio-to-studio, studio-to-transmitter links and cross-media tasks. Even synchronization with microsecond accuracy is possible by an implemented latency control (useful for simultaneous signal output of all decoders of a network or for audio description). In addition, audio streams can be combined to multichannel streams. An optionally available FM Tuner offers further functions for fallback or backup and rebroadcasting. The Easy2connect feature provides operators as well as reporters with an easy to use connection establishment (SIP phonebook) while being in the field.
High compatibility: The IP-4c supports a wide range of protocols for streaming, control and monitoring (e.g. EBU TECH 3326, AES67, Ravenna, Livewire+, Dante, SMPTE ST 2110, PTPv2, RTSP, SAP, SIP, Discovery, Bonjour, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS or Ember+ and more). Furthermore, the exchange of additional information like GPIO and ancillary data between the audio networks is possible.
Pay as you grow: All soft- and hardware components are individually combinable. The scalability from one to four audio channels using software licenses gives you flexibility in planning your network and reducing your costs.
Multi-format audio coding: Another advantage is the variety of possible algorithms like MPEG1 Layer 2, MPEG2 Layer 3, most AAC profiles including the new xHE-AAC and AAC-ELDv2, OPUS, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, Enhanced aptX, Dolby Digital plus (on request) and more.
Transmission robustness: Dual Streaming and Pro-MPEG FEC ensure rock-solid IP transmission or you go beyond with Stream4Sure (the decoder is able to switch seamlessly in between up to 4 streams with different audio qualities forwarded by the encoder).The Reliable User Datagram Protocol (RUDP) ensures highest packet recovery with minimum bandwidth and low latency. Two hot pluggable power supplies guaranteeing fail-safe operation perfect the whole concept.
Smart management: Configuration set-up via an easy to use web interface for general settings as well as for backup or fall back. For remote control, the codec offers various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP. Perfect synchronization can be achieved by PTPv2 and latency control.
Audio coding – fitting to your needs
- MPEG 1/2 Layer 2, 3
- G.711, G.722, Linear PCM
- Ogg Vorbis
- MPEG 2/4 AAC LC
- MPEG 4 AAC LD/ELD
- MPEG 4 HE-AAC v1&v2
- Enhanced aptX (E-aptX)
- Optional: Extended HE-AAC (xHE-AAC)
- Optional: Bit transparent transmission of digital audio and MPX signals (AES/EBU input at 32 – 192 kHz, e.g. Audio, MPX, DolbyE)
- On request: Dolby Digital plus (AC3)
IP Streaming (Unicast, Multiple Unicast & Multicast)
- Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Professional elementary audio IP streaming using UDP, RTP/RTCP (standardized by EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326, SMPTE ST 2110)
- TS RTP, UDP streaming
- SRT Secure Reliable Transport
- Pro MPEG FEC
- Dual streaming
- Optional: Livewire / Ravenna / Dante (SIP, SAP, RTSP, AES67, PTPv2)•
- Optional: Stream4Sure – 2wcom Streaming Technology with different codecs/qualities and seamless switching of up to 4 streams
Backup / advanced redundancy management
- Flexible automatic switch over concept with free definition of alternative input • sources as a redundancy solution in case of failures
- Playing files from internal storage or using alternative streams (Icecast / Shoutcast)
- Dual IP ports for data + 1 IP port for control interface
- Optional: redundant power supply 230 VAC or 48VDC
- Remote control with various possibilities – HTTP/S, FTP, SSH, NMS, SNMP
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- Relays, inputs
- Energy efficient 24/7 broadcast quality
- RDS decoding (built in RDS/UECP decoder)
- Embedded auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- IP and MPEG parameters via SNMP and relay
- Headphone output
Perfect audio quality
- Balanced analog and digital audio in- and outputs (XLR)
Advanced IP robustness functionalities
- Even to be operated in standard IP networks
- SRT Secure Reliable Transport
- Pro MPEG FEC
- Management of packet size, buffers and QoS
- Optional: Stream4Sure: 2wcom Streaming Technology with different codecs/qualities and seamless switching of up to 4 streams
Perfect latency management
- Optional: GPS based 2wcom latency control solution for usage in SFN FM networks
- Optional: PTPv2 network synchronization
Highly sophisticated monitoring and alarm concept
- Adjustable Silence Detection
- IP Buffer and Jitter check
- PLL control
- SNMP, Alarm, Source Switch & Event Logging