2wcom offers a complete DVB-S and DVB-S2 System Solution for Professional Audio, RDS and IP-Transmission. The system includes the encoding, multiplexing, modulation (up-link) and professional DVB Satellite Receivers DSR01, FlexDSR02+, FlexDSR04+ (IRDs for down-link) that have been developed especially for professional audio and RDS decoding.
The new Satellite In-Band Remote Control System (SIRC) let you manage the entire system from a single position remotely.
For what reason broadcaster do choose DVB-S / S2 Professional Audio Satellite Receiver from 2wcom Systems over others?
Because 2wcom offers an exceptionally comprehensive feature set which:
- supports all major audio formats
- carries out automatic program switching
- offers full regionalization capabilities
- can be equipped with dual tuner option and built in support for streaming
- accepts input from satellite (DVB-S/S2), internet (IP) and synchronous transmission lines (STL with ASI)
- has an SD-card based internal memory capacity to facilitate additional backup solutions and transmission scenarios
- integrates an automatic weight balancing of quality parameter and failover switching to alternative input sources ( Satellite, IP-line, ASI, SD card )
- is complemented by seamless audio fading between sources
- offers SIRC – a system management tool via satellite remotely
- is very well known for a fail-safe dedicated hardware
- offers useful savings in rack space
- is very economically in low power consumption in the long run
The reliability of your operational network can be increased significantly by adding a second transmission line based on another technology, for example Audio over IP. The FlexDSR02/04+ offers the possibility to receive a stream via satellite or IP, therefore you can easily add the IP backup to an existing 2wcom satellite transmission system.
Even if some devices like the MM08E have redundant power supplies, it can be required to add 1+1 device redundancy to a transmission chain. Therefore both chains before the satellite can be combined to a 1+1 redunancy with a redundancy switch, for example the AZ210 from Newtec. If you want to setup a redundant system, please don’t hesitate to ask us to find the right solution.