Professional multi-format Duplex AoIP (Audio over IP) Coder/Decoder
Professional Audio over IP (AoIP) distribution for STL (studio to transmitter lines) or studio to studio transmission has been established within the broadcast market in the last couple of years and is developed further at a steady pace. Former weak points such as signal runtime, synchronization and reliability finally belong to the past due to highly sophisticated transmission mechanisms using IP protocols and very finely tuned forward error corrections (FEC) that now make common IP networks suitable for professional broadcasting of audio signals.
The MM01 supports all currently established standards and, depending on customers requirements, it can operate with very low delay, with additional redundancy or based on a DVB transport stream. This great flexibility allows for maximum action flexibility regarding customers system defaults and project budget.
Additional key features are first class multiformat audio coding, rock solid network connection and IP robustness, even in stress conditions, thanks to 2wcoms “dual streaming” mechanism (= redundant contribution of IP packets by different transmission paths). Another highlight of the further development is microsecond accurate latency control (e.g. for SFN – single frequency networks).
The new 2wcom Stream4Sure standard will provide an even higher reliability by sample precise seamless data selection for up to 4 source streams with different codecs. The latest implementation of SIP, SAP, PTP and RTSP enhanced the features of the MM01 to provide a Ravenna ready device for the use in a broad variety of ways.
All these features conform to existing standards to ensure a professional integration into a customers system.
Please feel free to contact us for further information about our solution.
- High quality multi-format Audio De/Encoding
- MPEG 1/2 Layer 1, 2, 3
- G.711, G.722, PCM
- Optional: MPEG 2/4 AAC LC, HEv1&v2
- Optional: AAC-LD
- Optional: Enhanced aptX
- Optional: Bit transparent transmission of digital audio and MPX signals (AES/EBU input at 32 – 192 kHz)
- Rock solid, professional IP streaming even in stress conditions (Pro-MPEG FEC, Stream4Sure and 2wcom Dual Streaming)
- enables the usage in regular IP networks (non-dedicated networks)
- Perfect audio quality
- Ravenna conform
- AoIP standards
- AES67 – RAVENNA, Livewire+
Security and backup
- Advanced redundancy management (automatic switchover to alternative input sources like Icecast, internal storage or optionally: FM tuner)
- Dual IP ports for data and one additional IP port for control interface
- redundant power supply
- Remote control with various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP
- Well arranged status page with information for a quick device operation status summary
- Easy backup and fallback configuration
Insertion of localized advertisement
SNMP v2c, relays, inputs
- Optional: GPS based latency control solution using 1PPS
Monitoring and Alarm
- Adjustable silence detection
- IP buffer and jitter check
- PLL control
- SNMP, alarm, source switch & event logging
- Energy efficient DSP based 24/7 broadcast quality (no HDD)
- RDS decoding (built in RDS/UECP decoder)
- Embedded Auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- Prepared for synchronized FM transmission within FM SFN Networks