1-channel FM-MPX over IP codec with µMPX option
Slim line – low budget – one-channel MPX over IP encoder / decoder
The MPX-1c is a point to point or point to multipoint MPX codec using IP-based network technologies for real-time distribution of complete FM-MPX ( FM composite signal) to connect your signal generation in the studio directly to the transmitter site. Based on the know-how of FMC01 and customer requirements the MPX-1c offers you high level technology, reduced to the essential feature set to ease your operation.
Flexible in application: The codec is designed for broadcasters with single stations using this technology, professional requirements to the signal quality and the flexible usage in their network. The same box can be used as an Encoder or Decoder. The MPX-1c has always analogue and digital interfaces and optional it’s possible to reduce the bandwidth via µMPX.
Easy Operation: The MPX-1c saves the sound processing (stereo generation) and RDS generation on the transmitter site and brings this into the studio/playout center. The sound processing (stereo generation) and RDS generation on the transmitter site is moving towards the studio /playout center and this saves capex, service and support.
Saving bandwidth: A full FM-MPX signal needs approx. 3.5 Mbyte IP data capacity. While µMPX can operate on 320 kByte with only a low reduction of the quality.
Pay as you grow: All soft- and hardware components are individually combinable. Please ask for more details.
Smart management: Configuration set-up via an easy to use web interface for general settings as well as for backup or fall back. For remote control, the codec offers various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP. Perfect synchronization can be achieved by PTPv2 and latency control.
FM MPX distribution
- High-quality FM MPX decoding function
- Dual channel, one channel activated
- Optional: Activation of the second MPX codec
- Optional: Activation of the MPX encoder
- Optional: Dual Streaming
Simultaneous transmission and reception of 2 IP streams and seamless exchange of IP packages in case of failure
- High-end converter (ADC, DAC) for optimal quality
- Optional: coder & decoder in the same equipment
- Optional: fully integrated backup solution with automatic switch over in case of failure
- Full online remote control of all parameters via IP
- Configuration via web user interface for easy setup
- Quick view status page for a fast overview
- SNMP v2c, relays, inputs
- 100% loss less audio encoding & decoding of MPX audio (mono, stereo) bands and RD(B)S band
- Pro-MPEG FEC (Forward Error Correction) to reduce bit errors in data stream
- Quality parameters via SNMP v2c and relay
- FM demodulation with L+R XLR and headphone output
- RDS monitoring and optional alarm control (PI, PS)
- Prepared for synchronized FM transmission within FM single frequency networks (SFN)