Professional multi-input, multi-format DVB IP audio encoder
The MM08E is a state-of-the-art DVB IP audio encoder that can be used to generate multiple Audio over IP streams (RTP/UDP) or a combined DVB Transport Stream (DVB-TS). Furthermore, the stream(s) can be output via IP or ASI suitable for any DVB transmission such as DVB-S2, DVB-T2 or DVB-C.
In addition, its scalability from 1 to 8 audio channels that can be changed via a simple option key upload, giving you flexibility in planning your network and reducing your costs.
With two physically separated network interfaces and the Dual Streaming feature this device can provide a rock-solid IP transmission, especially when paired with a Pro-MPEG FEC.
Two redundant and hot pluggable power supplies easy device maintenance without service interruption.
Transport stream outputs (DVB/MPEG-2 TS)
- 1-8x TS over UDP/IP with program and service tables
- 2x TS over ASI interface according to ETSI EN 300 468 with program and service tables
IP streaming outputs
- Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Forward Error Correction: Pro-MPEG FEC
- Dual Streaming on two physically separate ethernet ports
High quality multi-format audio encoding:
- MPEG 1/2 Layer 1,2 and 3, G.711, G.722, MPEG 2/4 AAC-LC, HEv1, HEv2, AAC-LD, Linear PCM
- Optional: Enhanced aptX
- Synchronized and embedded in Audio over IP stream (RTP/UDP)
- As private stream with its own PID
- As ancillary data in audio elementary stream
- Remote control with various possibilities – HTTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- SNMP v2c, relays, inputs
- Energy efficient 24/7 broadcast quality
- RDS decoding (built in RDS/UECP decoder)
- Embedded Auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- On request: perfect network synchronization for SFN applications
Monitoring and alarms
- IP and MPEG parameters via SNMP v2c and relay
- Headphone output
- SNMP, Alarm, source switch & event logging
Datasheet for MM08E DVB IP Audio Encoder (PDF, 620 KB)