2wcom carries on with its very successful FM/RDS and DAB+ monitoring program for broadcaster. The A30 can be equipped with ether the FM/RDS module or DAB+ module or both which make this device to a professional multipurpose unit.
The A30 is a flexible monitoring device with double-tuner and scan mode function. The A30 has several integrated functions such as FM demodulation and monitoring (e.g. TMC/RT+ decoding and RDS Databridge), DAB/DAB+ demodulation and monitoring (e.g. RF Level, FIC Error, Slideshow), 2 RF antenna inputs, monitoring function of Audio In, Dual Option (extra rights – Dual Tuner, Dual MP3 Streaming, Dual Audio Output (analog and digital switchable)) and enhanced measurements (extra rights).
Furthermore, the unit have the ISD (Intelligent Silence Detection) function which offers security in transmission with its active and passive “loop-through” feature of the analogue L-R / AES and the MPX signal.
All important FM/RDS and DAB+ parameters of a station can be controlled individually under alarm settings in the user-friendly web interface. If a value does not comply with the pre-settings, an alarm can be forwarded to via SNMP, e-mail or relay to a service center. All the alarms can be stored into a log-file. If necessary, you can generate CSV-file for further processing. All alarm activities are being stored with timestamp, type of alert and the equivalent frequency into this file as a document for you.
The A30 as FM Monitoring Receiver Decoder monitors all important “ON-AIR” FM and RDS parameters in your FM network. The double tuner concept allows you to monitor two different FM stations continuously or to control one station all the time and to scan up to 30 different FM radio stations successively as well.
Another option is the very precise MPX power and deviation measurement to avoid in getting any penalties in your country derived from overshooting of the allowed MPX level.
All RDS data, like Group data, ODA, TA, RT, RT+, AF lists and TMC data can be displayed by using the RDS Lab Software.
The A30 detects loss of the main source and switches over to a backup source automatically. After the signal is back on the main source, the former status will be restored again.
Listen to the audio from anywhere to every single station via MP3 live streaming.
Additionally, the A30 can function as a backup Rebroadcast Receiver and as a RDS-Databridge too. The embedded web server guarantees world wide access remotely.
In case of any FM/RDS-Transmission problems, the A30 informs you first automatically before your audience does. It is just a good feeling to have an efficient and reliable FM-RDS Monitoring System available 24/7/365.
The A30 in combination with the DAB+ module… (Main function).
The DAB+ module in the device allows you to measure different parameters such as RF level, FIC quality and audio level. Another application is the so called slide show which shows you information about the current radio channel such as advertising.
FM/RDS and DAB+ Monitoring
- Double Tuner Concept – carrying out real time measurements simultaneously
- External MPX Input: Decoding and processing of a fed in MPX signal
- ISD – Intelligent Silence Detection
- 2 x MP3 Encoder – streaming of two audio channels
- Display and configuration of all parameters via web interface
- Generating alarm messages via: SNMP, Email, GPI, Log, LED
- Active loop-through for MPX and audio (passive loop-through in case of power failure)
- Scanmode: monitoring of 30 stations (Round Robin)
- Bandscan of the complete FM-frequency spectrum for easy configuration
- graphical representation of MPX measurements:
- MPX deviation
- MPX power
- MPX peak deviation
- RF level
- Frequency offset
- Left and Right Level
- RDS parameter:
- PI, PS, RT, TA/TP, ODA AIDs, CT UTC, PTY, Block Error Rate, RDS Deviation
- RT+ (e.g. song title, artist)
- RDS sync
- RDS Decoding Software RDS Lab inclusive:
- TMC / TMC Pro-News in plain text
- Group statistics
- Group sequence
- AF lists
- EON with EON-AF
- Bandscan of the DAB-frequency spectrum for easy configuration
- graphical representation of DAB measurements:
- FIC Quality
- FFT Offset
Datasheet for A30 Monitoring Receiver (PDF, 1,8MB)